An office is usually considered as a second home for employees working for the organization where more often than not, they spend about 8 to 9 hours i.e. about one-third part of the day. It is therefore essential for the organizations to provide them an environment that is not only comfortable but also conducive for productive working.
A comfortable seating arrangement for employees in the office plays a vital role in increasing the productivity of employees which in turn helps in the growth of the organizations.
Good quality office chairs that offer comfort and functionality also add to the style and grace of the office besides offering various health-related benefits to the employees and executives.
Features of the best office chair
It is well established that office workers enjoy working and prove more productive when seated comfortably. Accordingly, it is prudent to provide them with the best possible seating arrangement.
Hence, investing in various types of high-quality and comfortable office chairs is always a sensible approach.
The best office chairs should have certain specific features, such as:
- Height adjustability – to accommodate persons of varying heights i.e. tall or short, wear high heels or flats
- Lumbar support – to align appropriately with the natural curve of the back and help maintain a comfortable posture.
- Back tilt feature – Office chairs with adequate back tilt help workers to relax in between as sitting upright straight is not possible for long hours.
- Adjustable seat depth – chairs with optimum seat depth are ideal as excessively deep seats can add pressure to the back of legs whereas shallow ones provide the required enough leg support.
An ideal office chair usually has a padded/cushioned seat, a lumber-supportive padded back and to facilitate easy rolling and swiveling of the chair, a set of casters is provided.
In addition to the cushioned armrests, a provision for height adjustment is also there in office chairs. Most office chairs have adjustable seat depth, backrest, and lumbar support for adjusting the comfort level as per the need of the person sitting on it.
Types of office chairs
Although office chairs selection is a matter of personal preference, requirement, and budget yet various types of office chairs are purchased for employees, executives, visitors, guests etc.
The office chairs that are commonly purchased for use in offices include:
- Big and Tall Chairs
- Petite Chairs
- Task Chairs
- Mesh Chairs
- Ergonomic Chairs
- Kneeling Ergonomic Chairs
- Executive Chairs
- Board room Chairs
- Conference Chairs
- Guest Chairs
- Stacking Chairs
For the reception area or lounge, stylish office chairs as single-seater, two-seater or three-seater configurations can add to the professional environment and aesthetics of the offices that impresses everyone.
Spending on good quality and comfortable office chairs is immensely beneficial for the organization and workers. With comfortable and well-designed office chairs, your employees can:
- Increase productivity by focusing on working in a comfortable posture
- Avoid strain on hip joint, muscles, and ligaments of back, thighs, and legs
- Prevent adverse effects on blood circulation, blood clot formation, and skin rashes, etc.
When you need to buy the most comfortable office chairs in Australia; contact Melbourne Office Furniture – the makers of the finest quality of office chairs of all kinds to suit your requirements.