It is the middle of summer, and your air conditioning unit goes out – what do you do? If you are not prepared, it can be a very stressful situation. This blog post will provide you some tips on how to stay cool during an emergency AC breakdown. Keep in mind that these are just temporary solutions, and you should call a professional air conditioning repair service as soon as possible.
- One of the first things you should do is turn off all electronics and appliances in your home. This includes your TV, computer, oven, and anything else that emits heat.
- Open all of the windows in your home. This will allow for cross ventilation and will help to cool down the air inside your home.
- If you have ceiling fans, turn them on as well. If possible, move any fans you have into the room where you are spending the most time.
- Fill up any basins or buckets with cold water and place them in front of a fan. This will help create a DIY air conditioner of sorts.
- Move to a lower level. If your home has multiple floors, try to spend most of your time on the lower levels where it’s cooler.
- Take a cool shower or bath. This is one of the quickest and most effective ways to lower your body temperature.
- Drink lots of fluids. It’s important to stay hydrated, so make sure you’re drinking plenty of water.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing. Tight clothing will only make you feel hotter. Instead, opt for loose-fitting clothes made from natural fabrics such as cotton.
- If you have any ice cream or other frozen treats in your freezer, now is the time to eat them! Eating something cold will help cool your body down from the inside.
Again, these are just temporary solutions to an air conditioner breakdown. The best thing you can do is call a professional AC repair service and have them fix the problem as soon as possible. Avoid troubleshooting your AC problem on your own. Leave the AC repair job to your licensed and skilled HVAC professionals. Do not suffer through the heat wave – call an AC repair technician today!